[Orgmode] Re: Recent export bug?

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Recent export bug?
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:57:08 -1000

On May 10, 2010, at 2:13 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:

Aloha all,

The following minimal example doesn't export the Second heading to
html.  The problem seems to be the :export: tag on the First heading.
If I remove the tag, then both the First and Second headings make it
into the export. I don't expect the :export: tag on the First heading
to stop export of the Second heading.

Hi Thomas,

If you use #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS then only headings with that tag are
exported (if any headings contain that tag the rest are removed).  I
don't think you can use both EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS and EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS
in the same org-mode document in a meaningful way.

Normally you exclude stuff with only EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS or you include
stuff only with EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS.

,----
| org-export-select-tags is a variable defined in `org- exp.el'. | | Its value is ("export") | | | | Documentation : | | Tags that select a tree for export. | | If any such tag is found in a buffer, all trees that do not carry one | | of these tags will be deleted before export. | | Inside trees that are selected like this, you can still deselect a | | subtree by tagging it with one of the `org-export-exclude- tags'. |
`----

,----
| org-export-exclude-tags is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
| Its value is ("noexport")
|
| Documentation:
| Tags that exclude a tree from export.
| All trees carrying any of these tags will be excluded from export.
| This is without condition, so even subtrees inside that carry one of the
| `org-export-select-tags' will be removed.
`----

Regards,
Bernt

Thanks Bernt,

I guess the bug was that I was able to mix these before with good effect. I'm happy to report that bug is fixed now. :)

All the best,
Tom

I found this behavior when I tried unsuccessfully to export an org
file that successfully exported last on April 6th.  I don't believe
I've changed any html export settings in the meantime.

---------------
*  Setup
:noexport:
#+TITLE:     export-tag.org
#+AUTHOR:    Tom Dye
#+EMAIL:     address@hidden
#+DATE:      2010-05-10 Mon
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
tags:not-in-
toc
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
#+LINK_UP:
#+LINK_HOME:

*  First
:export:
Some First text

* Second
Some Second text

I tried to run git bisect, but if I go far enough back in time then I
run up against this:
eval-buffer: Symbol's function definition is void: org-overlay-put

This leaves me way over my head, but I did want you to know that I
worked a bit to isolate the problem and did my best to track it down
without success.

All the best,
Tom