Re: [Orgmode] Poll: Who is using these commands

From: Andrew Burrow
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Poll: Who is using these commands
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 18:00:43 +1000

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 4:33 PM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

On May 9, 2010, at 12:03 AM, Scott Randby wrote:

On 05/08/2010 04:22 PM, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:
Hi!
Carsten Dominik schrieb:
I am wondering:

How many of your are using these keys

C-c C-f
C-c C-b
C-c C-n
C-c C-p

Never. I always use the speed commands since they became available.

The problem I have with speed commands is that, according to the manual, they only work "when the cursor is at the beginning of a headline." I need commands that work when the cursor is anywhere on the headline.

How about if C-M-a went back to the beginning of the heading and then you use speed commands?  Would that be an alternative, or is that one command to much?

- Carsten

This makes a great deal of sense to me.

I am frequently frustrated when locating the start or end of a tree: how to reliably place point so that M-<Enter> creates a new tree of the desired level?  I suggest the following postconditions: C-M-a guarantees that speed keys are applicable, and C-M-e guarantees that M-<Enter> is applicable.

Andrew