[Orgmode] Latex export bug? Odd behavior with figures...

From: John Hendy
Subject: [Orgmode] Latex export bug? Odd behavior with figures...
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:26:35 -0500

Hi,

I've been working on a report and here is the relevant org file section (edited for brevity and sanitization):

####### org file ########

* Main header
** Sub section
*** Experiment 1
- an unordered list of several points

|a|table|
|with|data|

**** Notes for experiment 1
blah blah blah

To illustrate the notes, here's a picture:

#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=12cm
#+CAPTION: View of something
[[~/Desktop/Pic1.pdf]]

When I change something, here's a picture of what happens:

#+CAPTION:  View of something else
#+ATTR_LaTeX: width=12cm
[[~/Desktop/Pic2.pdf]]

Some further comments on this.

*** Experiment 2
- An unordered list of several points

|a|table|
|with|data|

**** Notes for experiment 2
- An unordered list of several points

*** Experiment 3

####### org file ##########

Now, here's the order in the exported pdf:

####### latex export order #######
* Main header
** Sub section
*** Experiment 1
- an unordered list of several points

|a|table|
|with|data|

**** Notes for experiment 1
blah blah blah

To illustrate the notes, here's a picture:

PICTURE 1 SHOULD BE HERE

When I change something, here's a picture of what happens:

PICTURE 2 SHOULD BE HERE

Some further comments on this.

PICTURE 1 IS ACTUALLY HERE

*** Experiment 2
- An unordered list of several points

|a|table|
|with|data|

**** Notes for experiment 2
- An unordered list of several points

PICTURE 2 IS ACTUALLY HERE

*** Experiment 3

I've inspected the generated .tex file and this shows up where expected in both picture instances:

\begin{figure}[htb]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=12cm]{/home/jwhendy/Desktop/file[1/2].pdf}
\caption{text here}
\end{figure}

I have generated a pdf from the .tex file and the same happens -- I can't figure out why it's sticking them in places where they are not called for.

John