[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Orgmode] Export to html

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Export to html
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:13:19 -1000

Aloha Sebastian,

Yes, the links are exporting correctly now.


On May 27, 2010, at 12:35 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

Aloha all,

On the bus this morning I was able to find out a bit more about
problems with html export.

Using Bernt's minimal.emacs and exporting to html with C-c C-e H, git
bisect says:

459d99c44c7df4cd09d82fa54c53e5d5eec47a4e is the first bad commit
commit 459d99c44c7df4cd09d82fa54c53e5d5eec47a4e
Author: Tom Breton (Tehom) <address@hidden>
Date:   Mon May 17 18:17:38 2010 -0400

   Moved to new branch

Prior to this commit file links are exported like this:

<a href="index.pdf">file:index.pdf</a>

After the commit, file links are exported like this:

<a href="file:index.pdf">index.pdf</a>

I was a bit surprised at the git bisect result because I understood
Tom Breton (Tehom) to be working on a testing framework, rather than
html export.  So, I ran through git bisect a second time and got
identical results.

I hope I've understood the procedure correctly and that this
information is useful.  At this point, I'm in way over my head and
won't be able to do more without specific instructions.

I'm currently using commit d56d417bc214088114e10c959ce78bee2d26635d on
the master branch to make my exporting and publishing setup work as

In the current Org-mode's version this should be fixed.
Carsten pushed a fix yesterday.


I can't reproduce the busted link. With more-or-less-current Org-mode
(version 6.36trans (release_6.36.102.g67b5)), the link looks like this:

   <a href="foo.pdf">foo.pdf</a>

Reverting the commit you identified (the revert was not clean: I had to resolve a merge conflict by hand - a dicey proposition, particularly in
this situation where I have no idea what the patch is trying to do)
gives me:

   <a href="foo.pdf">file:foo.pdf</a>

That's with your minimal.emacs for the other problem you've identified (changed to produce html of course). So it looks like the patch cleaned
up the link name in this case.


PS. I also looked at the commit: I gave up on figuring it out in any
reasonable time, but I must say the commit comment is no help.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]