Re: [Orgmode] insert a remember template at point

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] insert a remember template at point
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:54:44 +0200

On May 30, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Eraldo Helal wrote:

How can I insert a remember template at point?

Until now I had identical remember templates and yasnippets.
This is only a workaround and I would prefer to be able to insert a remember template at point since I have found it to have features I could not reproduce.

Hi Eraldo,

currently there is no easy way to do this.

One way to hack it would be to write a function that temporarily modifies to make
all remember templates point to the current location.

So something like (untested)

(defun my-remember-here ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((file buffer-file-name)
        (heading (org-get-heading 'no-tags))
        (org-remember-templates
         (mapcar (lambda (x) (list (nth 0 x) (nth 1 x) (nth 2 x) file heading))
                 org-remember-templates)))
    (call-interatively 'org-remember)))

- Carsten