[Orgmode] org-velocity --- something like Notational Velocity for Org

From: Paul M. Rodriguez
Subject: [Orgmode] org-velocity --- something like Notational Velocity for Org
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:25:04 -0500

There exists a notetaking program for OSX called Notational Velocity
(http://notational.net/) with an ingeniously simple interface.  (I say "there
exists" since I've never actually used it.)  When you enter a search phrase,
the program lists all notes where the phrase occurs; if there are no matching
notes, then the search phrase is used as the title of a new note.

When I read about this I thought it would be straightforward to create a
similar interface for Emacs, storing the notes in Org format.  Each note is
simply a heading in a file.  The mode line is used to read a search, a display
buffer shows the results, and (optionally) org-remember is used to record new
notes.  You can use the interface to maintain a single "bucket" file, or to
navigate any Org file.

The package is available at http://gopher.ruricolist.com/lisp/org-velocity.el.

It works for me but of course any feedback or suggestions would be
welcome.

Paul Rodriguez