Re: [Orgmode] Verbatim LaTeX inside delimiters in HTML export with jsMat

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Verbatim LaTeX inside delimiters in HTML export with jsMath?
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:06:56 +0200

For John Wiegley: John, please do not yet apply the attached patch...

Hi Christian,

I am trying to get back to this issue.

I am attaching a patch, please apply it to your setup and then try

if that works, can I then ask you to update http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-jsmath.php ?

Thanks!

- Carsten

On Jun 18, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Christian Moe wrote:

Hi, Carsten,

Thanks for taking a look.

Your example should be output exactly the same as it is currently with the =LaTeX:nil= option, i. e. verbatim:

\begin{equation}
a=b
\end{equation}

- and this minimal example could be interpreted by jsMath without any changes in Org-mode export, since it happens to contain no sub/ superscripts or entities.

What I'd like is for

\begin{equation}
\e=mc^2
\end{equation}

to be output equally verbatim as

\begin{equation}
e=mc^2
\end{equation}

*even when =^:t= is on*, so I could freely write e.g. m^2 in the text and get it superscripted, but not get

\begin{equation}
e=mc<sup>2</sup>
\end{equation}

In other words, to have my cake and eat it, too. I hope it's clearer now.

Yours,
Christian

--

Christian Moe