Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-w-comments has no effect in R?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-babel-tangle-w-comments has no effect in R?
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:41:59 -0700

Hi Rainer,

There is one more requirement for tangling with comments, that is the
presence of a :comments header argument.  If this argument is not set
for a code block then that code block *will not* be tangled with
comments regardless of the value of `org-babel-tangle-w-comments'.

You can set this variable to default to true for R code blocks with the
following

  (add-to-list 'org-babel-default-header-args:R '(:comments . "yes"))

Hope this helps.

I think that moving forward it might make sense to remove the
org-babel-tangle-w-comments variable, as it's confusing to have two
points of control for comments during tangling.  Also, it looks like I
need to add the :comments header argument to the babel documentation.

Thanks for helping to sort some of these issues out!

Best -- Eric