[Orgmode] org capture: use org-default-notes-file

From: StephenL
Subject: [Orgmode] org capture: use org-default-notes-file
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:09:47 -0400

Using the latest and greatest 7.01...

Is it possible to use the variable org-default-notes-file in the org capture
settings?

I have a lot of org capture templates and I would rather set the file in one
location then have to set it for each template. I would think it is possible
with the org-default-notes-file, but no matter how I try to use it in the
template it doesn't work. I get errors such as expecting stringp.

See below. I would like to do something similar to the todo entry and not the
note entry where I need to explicitly specify the file.

Thanks for any help.

Stephen

;;; Org Capture
(setq org-default-notes-file (concat org-directory "/refile.org"))
     (define-key global-map (kbd "C-c c") 'org-capture)

(setq org-capture-templates
  '(("t" "todo" entry (file+headline org-default-notes-file "ToDo") "* TODO
    ("n" "note" entry (file+headline "/Users/stephen/Dropbox/org/refile.org"
"Notes") "* %?\n  %U\n ")
                                     ))