[Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Behavior of Gnus when called from an hyperlink
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:51:01 -0400

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
>> Even if feasable, doing your way seems to add a layer of complexity to
>> the installation... Would you have config to share, would I go that
>> way?
>
> Sure, but be aware that I don't use that setup anymore.
>
> Here's my .offlineimaprc.  It synched from 2 different accounts from two
> different imap servers to one locally running dovecot server with 2
> user accounts uni and fastmail.  Those are only plain dovecot users,
> they don't require system users.

Not to take this thread too far from the well-beaten org-mode path, but
I'd like to add that if you don't want to run dovecot as a daemon, you
can invoke it as a process from both gnus and offlineimap. This
simplifies setting up the dovecot.conf file considerably.

Here are the relevant lines from my .offlineimaprc:

[Repository Local]
type = IMAP
preauthtunnel = /usr/sbin/dovecot -c ~/config/mail/dovecot.conf --exec-mail imap

...and my .gnus:

(setq imap-shell-program "dovecot -c ~/config/mail/dovecot.conf --exec-mail
imap")

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
        '(
          (nnimap "fm"