[Orgmode] Re: sharing Org-mode files for collaboration

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: sharing Org-mode files for collaboration
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 23:57:36 +0200

Hello Carles,

> There have been some threads here about sharing and collaboratively
> editing Org-mode files. I have a LAN with a central server and Samba
> shares, all clients have Emacs and Org-mode installed.
>
> Sharing of calendars and tasks could be done through Org agenda. Right
> now I am implementing a very simple setup:
>
> - a shared folder with one org file per user
>
> - each user has writing permissions for his own file and reading
>   permissions for all other org files
>
> - org-agenda-files of each user includes the names of the shared files
>   of the other users
>
> Do you see any problems arising from this setup. Any other suggestions
> how it could be improved or extended?

I have launched such a discussion, about extending the CLOCK times with a
suffix identifying the user. I have not had that much amount of reaction.
Maybe, this is not (yet) a main theme, currently.

I find your setup interesting. The only drawback, for me, is that the next
thing we want is to work on common tasks, meaning we want to clock on common
tasks. Hence, my topic
http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2010-06/msg00277.html.

Best regards,
  Seb