Re: [Orgmode] Bug: possible bug in latex export [7.01trans (release_6.36

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bug: possible bug in latex export [7.01trans (release_6.36.735.g15ca.dirty)]
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:14:15 +0200

Stephen Eglen wrote:

>Neither the heading or text of section 'B' appears due to the incorrect
>level of B (three stars rather than two).  If I correct the level for B,
>the heading and text appears.

>I found this today when working on a document.  It is my fault for
>getting the level of heading B wrong, but is it possible to keep the
>text in the pdf, or put a heading like '2.0.1 B'?

FYI: This is a know limitation of the LaTeX exporter[1] and the
current state of this issue (dealing with skipped levels) is that
patches for the problem are welcome.  I agree that even if
skipped-level-headlines are not allowed, they shouldn't be silently
droped neither.

Best,
  -- David

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26413