Re: [Orgmode] PATCH: Fix for agenda problems

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] PATCH: Fix for agenda problems
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 20:42:26 -0500

On 8/1/10 Aug 1 -1:28 PM, David Maus wrote:
> Robert Goldman wrote:
>> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
>> As far as I can tell, the current version of org-write-agenda evaluates
>> ps-print-buffer-with-faces too eagerly.  I tripped over this because
>> aquamacs 2.0, which I'm using, seems to have ps-printing code that
>> conflicts with org-mode's expectation.
>
>> The attached patch tries to fix this, but does not do the job
>> particularly elegantly.  Instead of EVALUATING the flet form, it
>> MACROEXPANDS that form, which I believe is correct in this context.
>
> Yes, the intension of backquoting the flet macro was macroexpansion,
> not evaluation.  And it should work to solve the issue with cl not
> loaded on runtime when calling `org-agenda-write'[1].
>
> Best,
>   -- David
>
> [1] Cf. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/26132/focus=26698

Are you sure that my patch will work properly?  I was looking at it, and
it seems like the use of org-let might cause the list (the code) to be
evaluated at run-time, and not at compile time, right?

Here's org-let:

(defun org-let (list &rest body)
  (eval (cons 'let (cons list body))))
(put 'org-let 'lisp-indent-function 1)

It occurs in org-agenda.  Question:  does this mean that the backquoted
expression will be evaluated at run-time, or is the compiler aggressive
enough to do it at compile-time?  This is something I /should/ know, but
don't....

best,