[Orgmode] Insert TODO or plain heading depending on context

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [Orgmode] Insert TODO or plain heading depending on context
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 10:43:50 -0500

Sorry for a rudimentary question, but someone almost certainly has
done this before:

I'd like define a function that would:
a) Create a new heading if the cursor is on a heading or the body of a heading.
or
b) Create a new TODO heading if the cursor is on a TODO heading or the body
of a TODO heading.

Essentially, it would be a "smart" function to either press M-Return
or M-S-Return,
depending on the context.

I realize I can press M-Return to always create a new heading, and
M-S-Return to always create a new TODO, but I'd like to eliminate
an extra keypress for the most common cases.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Nate