[Orgmode] Export: Using LaTeX "\timestamp" and or customising title head

From: 'Mash
Subject: [Orgmode] Export: Using LaTeX "\timestamp" and or customising title header
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:25:57 +0100

Afternoon,

I have started experimenting with publishing outlines to PDF, and have been
trying to sort out basic styling, mainly because the default export looks
terrible.

I disabled the title header as I want my first outline to be the first thing at
the top of the page. The problem is that I would like to either customise the
real header i.e. not have it centred; or be able to use "\timestamp" under my
first outline which would display the file timestamp.

Is this possible because I can't get it to generate a timestamp on export? I
have tried enabling "timestamp:t" but this also has no affect. I use "#+TITLE:"
to prevent the title header from being displayed.

-----
#+LATEX_HEADER: \documentclass[10pt,a4paper]{article}
#+LATEX_HEADER:
\usepackage[a4paper,left=2cm,top=1cm,right=3cm,nohead,nofoot]{geometry}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{palatino}
#+TITLE:

* This is the title of my article
  \timestamp