Re: [Orgmode] [babel] confusion about org-confirm-babel-evaluate

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] confusion about org-confirm-babel-evaluate
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:44:42 -0500

Can you try setting it via setq (i.e., globally) and see what happens?

On 08/12/2010 07:53 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:
Hello all,

Back from a short holiday and trying to catch up on work... and so I
may have missed something in the org mailing list (although I've

I have a large file which includes many babel code blocks (mostly
maxima) that I wish to have evaluated on export.  This works except
that I have to confirm each evaluation (which takes some time).  I
know that org-confirm-babel-evaluate exists so I have put the
following at the top of my org file:

# -*- org-confirm-babel-evaluate: nil; -*-

checking the value of this variable (C-h v org-babel-confirm-evaluate)
gives me:

| org-confirm-babel-evaluate is a variable defined in `ob.el'.
| Its value is nil
| Local in buffer deferred-questions.org; global value is t
|   This variable is a file local variable.
|   This variable is safe as a file local variable if its value
|   satisfies the predicate which is byte-compiled expression.
| Documentation:
| Confirm before evaluation.
| Require confirmation before interactively evaluating code
| blocks in Org-mode buffers.  The default value of this variable
| is t, meaning confirmation is required for any code block
| evaluation.  This variable can be set to nil to inhibit any
| future confirmation requests.  This variable can also be set to a
| [...]

so the value is indeed nil.  However, exporting to PDF, say, still
requires me to confirm each evaluation.  Typing C-c C-c doesn't
require confirmation, however, so the variable does seem to have some

What am I missing here to avoid having to confirm on export?  The only
variable I have found that combines both export and babel is
org-export-babel-evaluate which is not what I want.