Re: [Orgmode] Re: row and col spaning in table?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: row and col spaning in table?
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 07:01:42 +0200

On Aug 16, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Tak Ota wrote:

Mon, 16 Aug 2010 05:45:03 -0700: Carsten Dominik <address@hidden > wrote:

On Jul 28, 2010, at 8:28 PM, Srinivas wrote:

Giovanni Ridolfi <giovanni.ridolfi <at> yahoo.it> writes:

David Hajage <dhajage <at> gmail.com> writes:

and I was wondering if row and col spaning was possible?
Currently not.
But, if this is your case, you should use the table.el package.

For some reason, I haven't been able to get table.el to work
properly during
the org-mode publish operation.

Carsten had mentioned that this functionality had been fixed in the
6.36x
builds but I still haven't been able to get it to work. I would like
to see a
work example, if you have one.

Here is my sample file:

---- begin snip

* sample table

+ ------+--------+
+-------+--------+
|       | file   |
+-------+--------+
+ ------+--------+
|       |  file  |
+ ------+        |
|  test |  test  |
+ ------+--------+

What is this table above supposed to mean?

* Org mode table

| Header 1 | Header 2 |
|----------+----------|
| R1 C1    | R1 C2    |
| R2 C1    | R2 C2    |
| R3 C1    | R3 C2    |

This org-mode table works fine.

* table.el table

Following table has 1 multi column cell and 1 multi row cell.

+----------+----------+
| Header 1 | Header 2 |
+----------+----------+
| R1 C1-2             |
+---------------------+
| R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
+----------+----------+
| R3 C1    |          |

This starts an infinite loop when trying to convert it to HTML.
Org is simply calling the HTML converter in table.el, and that
code gets stuck.  So  I think this is a bug in table.el - please
contact the author of that package,

      Takaaki Ota <address@hidden>

The above table is illegal from the table.el definition point of view.

Ah, I should have seen this.  Thank you for your fast reply,
and sorry for the noise.

- Carsten