Re: [Orgmode] "{" in Latex fragments

From: Scot Becker
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] "{" in Latex fragments
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:36:20 +0100

Or what about \J{japanese characters here}?  I do the same with Hebrew, \heb{לִפְנֵי יְהוָה} and (without claiming to have done extensive testing), it seems to work.  Org mode is set up to let arbitrary macros of the format \mymacro{data} pass through to LaTeX.  You might not even have to change your definitions.

Scot

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> wrote:
Christian Wittern <address@hidden> writes:

> In my org-mode document, I have a special sequence to switch to a Japanese
> font defined as \J.  When using this, I have to do something like {\J
> (Japanese characters here}.  However, when I run the org-mode export, the
> braces "{" and "}" are escaped as \{ and \} and thus loosing their
> function.

yes.

but why don't you change the sequence? I mean:

from:

hello {\J ウ}

hello  [\J ウ ] or: (\J ウ)

[] and () are not escaped