Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org now fontifies code blocks
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:47:19 +0200

Tom Short <address@hidden> writes:

> I think it'd help for new users to keep it on by default, but since it
> can be changed, I'm fine either way. How hard would it be to use a
> property, so it could be changed on a per-file basis? If it's
> difficult, that time may be better spent profiling and speeding it up.
>
> - Tom

I think its exactly the opposite : its more dangerous having it on for
new users. The reason is the confusion as to what mode you're in (I'm
not a new user and I keep tripping up on that as my src blocks are
pretty big) and the potential slow up which others have noticed.

Maybe the first time you open an org file in a window and it detects src
blocks it can even prompt and accept the customised setting there and
then and store it. Its a major enough feature to warrant that perhaps?
get-buffer-window can be used to determine if its being edited.