[Orgmode] Re: [babel] ledger tutorial on Worg

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] ledger tutorial on Worg
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 23:40:24 +0200

Hi Eric,

"Eric Schulte" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I've just pushed up a change that implements this behavior.
>>
>> From my point of view, it does not work yet. Take this example:
>>
>> With `:cmdline reg unknown', it produced the line with -21.91 EUR. Correct.
>>
>> Now, if I write `:cmdline "reg" unknown', I expect no output from Ledger,
>> and thus the results block to be removed. That's not the case.
>
> If ledger throws an exception then the result probably will not be replaced,
> however if ledger does return an empty result, then the existing result will
> be removed.

What do you mean by ledger throwing an exception?  Having a return code
different from 0?

For me, the result block should be removed in both cases:
- "exception" of ledger
- empty result of ledger

Or, if not, then (even better): instead of simply removing the result block,
replace it with a sort of error message, saying that ledger's execution failed
and returned XXX as exit code.

Whatever the solution, we have to clearly be aware that the previous results
are now wrong, and that the new result is a failure or empty.

>> Other peculiarity, if I write `:cmdline reeg unknown', I get an
>> exception:
>
> Ah, thanks for pointing this out, it seems I introduced an error with my
> previous change. I've just pushed up a fix for this issue.

Thanks. But right now, I don't get anything back from the following (same as
for thread about isodoc letters):

#+srcname: ledger-journal
#+begin_src ledger
2008/01/03 * (SCORPIOS ) SEB VAUBAN
        Assets:Bank:Checking:799997400530                               550.00
EUR
        Assets:Bank:Transferred

2008/01/01 * ( ) UNKNOWN-PAYEE
        Assets:Bank:Checking:799997400530                                21.91
EUR
        Expenses:Unknown
#+end_src

#+srcname: ledger-registry
#+begin_src ledger :cmdline reg unknown :noweb yes :session
<<ledger-journal>>
#+end_src

In the *Messages* buffer, I get:

Checking for library `filladapt'... Found
Fontifying scorpios.org...
(regexps.............................................)
Checking for library `filladapt'... Found
Fontifying scorpios.org...
(regexps..............................................)
Checking for library `filladapt'... Found
Fontifying scorpios.org...
(regexps...............................................)
Checking for library `filladapt'... Found
Checking for library `filladapt'... Found
Org-mode restarted
Local setup has been refreshed

... but no result block is added in my Org buffer.

I'll carefully test all of this, as soon as I can re-execute Babel under
normal conditions.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
  Seb