[Orgmode] Re: org-babel matlab example

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel matlab example
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:32:09 +0100

etimecowboy <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi everyone,
> It seems that my org used the Octave program to evaluate my Matlab
> code block/generate figures, not Matlab itself.

Hmm, shouldn't do. Could you post your example? Have you activated both
octave and matlab? What is the value of your org-babel-load-languages?

For me C-c C-c and C-c C-v e on

#+begin_src matlab

result in

/bin/bash: matlab: command not found

You can confirm which language is running by using the "version"
command. Here's what I get (note I have to run matlab on a remote
computer because I don't have it on my laptop).

#+begin_src octave :results output

: ans = 3.2.4

#+begin_src matlab :dir /address@hidden:/ :results output

The default version of Matlab in /usr/licensed/bin is matlab-R2009b

The following versions are available in /usr/licensed/bin:
Warning: No display specified.  You will not be able to display graphics on the

                            < M A T L A B (R) >
                  Copyright 1984-2009 The MathWorks, Inc.
                 Version (R2009b) 64-bit (sol64)
                              August 12, 2009

  To get started, type one of these: helpwin, helpdesk, or demo.
  For product information, visit www.mathworks.com.

ans = (R2009b)

> I found this when comparing the exported figure by org with the figure
> generated by Matlab. I also found that I cannot use org-babel on an Windows
> PC which has Matlab installed, but not Octave.

In general we would appreciate any notes on problems encountered when
running Org-babel on Windows.