Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Level 2 text not exported in LaTeX (well in HTML) +

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Level 2 text not exported in LaTeX (well in HTML) + some comments
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 16:29:43 +0100

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:01:58 +0200, Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nicolas,

> #+TITLE:     Problems in LaTeX with nested list levels
> #+LANGUAGE:  en_US
>
> * Imaginary example
>
> We have two steps:
>
> 1) Ask for it.
>
> 2) Make it, answering the following questions:
>
>    - Got the docs?
>    - Signed them?
>    - Checked it?
>
>    THIS LINE DOES NOT SHOW UP in LaTeX!!!

I can confirm this with:

: Org-mode version 7.01trans (release_7.01h.514.g878d)
: GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
:  of 2010-08-14 on raven, modified by Debian

it appears the nested lists within an item that is to continue makes
all remaining text within that item disappear.  I actually had this
problem three days ago with a very large document in which whole
sections disappeared but, as it was 3am, I thought it was me doing
something silly.

if the line after the nested list is not indented, it appears in the
exported file albeit not part of the enumerated list.

However, more strange behaviour appears as soon as you have multiple
nested lists.  Consider this org snippet:

Consider the following list:

1. the first numbered item
   - the first item
   - the second
   - not the fourth

   followed by some paragraph that is indented which disappears on latex export.

   - another nested list but this appears in the outer list
   - as does this!

   and some more text which does appear.

and now something that is not indented.

this generates:

Consider the following list:

\begin{itemize}
\item the first numbered item

\begin{itemize}
\item the first item
\item the second
\item not the fourth
\end{itemize}

\item another nested list but this appears in the outer list
\item as does this

   and some more text which does appear.
\end{itemize}

and now something that is not indented.

notice that the outer list is itemize and not enumerate.

> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> ;; an empty line does not end all plain list levels
> (setq org-empty-line-terminates-plain-lists nil)
>
> ;; default value
> (setq org-list-ending-method 'both)
> #+end_src

I have these same settings.
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D