Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] exports, caching, remote execution

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] exports, caching, remote execution
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 20:11:49 -0600

Hi Tom,

This turned out to be a fairly complicated issue.

During export of a narrowed region the narrowed region will be coppied
to a temporary buffer, when exporting from the buffer all buffer-wide,
and headline-wide parameters which are not included in the region are
ignored.  This results in a different set of header arguments being used
for interactive evaluation than were used for export evaluation.  These
differences in header arguments then invalidate the cache saved during
the interactive evaluation.

I've just put together and pushed a fix which involves jumping back to
the original org file to collect header arguments in context during
export.  This appears to resolve the issue (at least for me).  Please
let me know if it works for you.

Best -- Eric