[Orgmode] Re: [Bug] Level 2 text not exported in LaTeX (well in HTML) +

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Bug] Level 2 text not exported in LaTeX (well in HTML) + some comments
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 23:07:19 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> So you are saying, if I understand you correctly, that you cannot have
>> something like this:
>> 1. some text
>>    - a nested list
>>    - with two items
>>    some more text for the first numbered item
>>    - another nested list - with two items
>> 2. the second outer list item
> Exactly.
>> If so, why not? This would seem to be quite a likely and useful scenario.
> It would require a slightly different model with an added depth of
> complexity. To tell the truth, I had looked into this, but hadn't found a
> satisfying (clean) solution.
> [...]
> Those questions are more rhetorical than anything else. My point is just
> that this kind of scenario, while certainly doable, would need more thought,
> and much more work to implement. Is it _that_ useful?
>> I do this all the time in latex and I was sure that I had done this before
>> in org. Is my recollection wrong? Was this not possible before?
> As far as I remember, LaTeX exporter has never been able to parse this,
> though the HTML one did.

Yes, the HTML parser was often better than the LaTeX one, though I wasn't that
interested by the HTML one...

I would definitely say that, yes, being able to support the above example (or
mine) would be _that_ useful. I don't consider such written constructs as bad
writing, and hence would like Org to let me write them.

I can even tell you it was difficult to make other colleagues accept to use
Org simply because of the limitations it had in the nested lists.

Best regards,

Sébastien Vauban