[Orgmode] Re: org-capture (lost PATCH?)

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-capture (lost PATCH?)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 06:45:56 +0200

On Sep 28, 2010, at 6:39 AM, Jambunathan K wrote:

Matt

I had proposed a patch to org-capture in this thread.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-08/ msg01152.html

The patch has neither been rejected nor accepted. I am a bit concerned
that it might have been lost.

It's currently on patchwork with the status of "deferred":

http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/246/

Thanks.

Reassuring to know that this is still under the radar.

No really.

The message with the patch did state this:

The intention of this mail is to share my notes and influence you to considering adding the needed support in the core. In effect the attached patch is demo-only and not to be construed as a formal commit request.
There was no further discussion of the patch in the mailing group,
no followup or support.  ANd I have not yet spent the time to really
understand what this was all about.

- Carsten

From the patchwork server side, two things could be considered:

1. Enhance the web interface[1] to show *all* *not DONE* items.

  - http://patchwork.newartisans.com/project/org-mode/list/

2. Generate an automated reply to a submitter of the patch giving him an URL to the patch. This will enable under the hood access to the patch
  state.

Either or both of 1 and 2 would avoid anxiety on contributor's side
particularly the newer ones.

Thanks,
Jambunathan K.