[Orgmode] [babel] FEATURE REQUEST: send results into file

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: [Orgmode] [babel] FEATURE REQUEST: send results into file
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:58:26 +0200

Hi

Based on a discussion in the thread "Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree", The idea came ub by Mathew Lundin to be able to "send the results or a source code block (either executed code or exported org snippets) via babel to a target in an external file.".

The scenario or context in which the idea came up:

I am using org babel for literate programming and I document my parameters for simulations in a table in org. Now when writing a paper, for which I use a different program (I use LyX), but I still would like to include the tables from my original org file in them. Therefore I was looking for a possibility to export ONLY the table into a .tex file, so that it can be included in the LyX / LaTeX via \input{theTable.tex} . Therefore I would need an export of the table in LaTeX format, but no preamble or anything. As far as I was told, this possibility does not exist in org.

So Mathew's / my question is if it would be possible to include a functionality to "send the results or a source code block (either executed code or exported org snippets) via babel to a target in an external file.".

Cheers,

Rainer

--
NEW GERMAN FAX NUMBER!!!