Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode and filling

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Orgmode and filling
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 12:21:19 +0200

On Oct 7, 2010, at 12:04 PM, Guy Wiener wrote:

Yes, that seems to do the trick - Thanks!
Btw, why is this option the default in org-mode? It is the opposite of the fundamental mode.

Because tables and source code look bad with lines wrapped around.
I have put a feature request into Emacs, asking for truncate-lines
to become a text property, then I could exclude tables from wrapping - but until then, I'll keep the truncation default.

- Carsten

:- Guy

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden > wrote:
Guy Wiener <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Guy,

> When the cursor crosses the edge of the
> frame, instead of placing a "long line" marker and moving to the next > line, the entire buffer is shifted to the left and the cursor remains
> on the same line.

> Can this behavior be disabled, and replaced the the same behavior as
> in fundamental text editing? It is really annoying, especially when
> using auto-fill mode.

M-x toggle-truncate-lines          does help?

so that "Truncate long lines disabled".

Or place in your .emacs:
(setq truncate-lines t)

cheers,