Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Aligning Columns in HTML Export Tables
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 21:04:44 +0200

On 10/20/10 7:16 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
Jeff Horn<address@hidden>  writes:

Is there a way to specify a particular column in org-mode that will be
exported right-aligned in HTML?

| A | B | C |
| 1 | 2 | 3 |

For the table above, I would like column C right aligned when I export
to HTML, but the other column aligned in the default way (left
aligned?).

I think this is supposed to work but it seems the exporters do not
honour the alignment details.

| A   | B   |   C |
| 1   | 2   |   3 |
| 12  | 13  | 300 |
| 9   | 11  |   4 |

That's what I find. Ironically, the HTML exporter even includes a =colgroup= with a local =align= attribute set on each =col=, but they all get set to ~align="right"~ despite the settings in the table. Not that it matters; e.g. Firefox doesn't honor colgroup formatting anyway.

As a CSS workaround for this particular example, you could add this to the header lines:

: #+style: <style>tr td + td + td {text-align: right;}</style>

-- but it would clearly be nicer if the exporter honored the settings.

Yours,
CM