[Orgmode] numbered outlines?

From: David Rogoff
Subject: [Orgmode] numbered outlines?
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:40:59 -0700

Sorry if this is obvious, but I couldn't find anything on it. orgmode's use of asterisks for outline levels is fine when I'm working on something by myself. However, if I'm collaborating with other people, there's no good way to reference a particular outline entry. Is there a way to get org-mode to use numbering (e.g. 1, 1.1, 1.1.1 ) for outline levels? If not, how can you work with other people on an outline?

Thanks,

 David