Re: [Orgmode] Tilde in URL not exported to latex

From: Stephen Eglen
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Tilde in URL not exported to latex
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:21:06 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

> I recently experienced this issue while adding a reference in a beamer
> presentation using org-mode. It isn't elegant, but my workaround was to use \
> sim instead of the tilde character, at least for what is actually displayed in
> the document - you will still need to use tilde for the actual URL
> link.

Thanks for this Chris.  My workaround right now is to do the following
in .org buffer:

#+LaTeX: \url{http://www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~uno/lp.html}

This handles the URLs just as I'd want to.  (I do hate typing '#+LaTeX:'
though, but that's for me to deal with!)

I'm also using org here to make a beamer presentation, and in general it
works quite well.  I do find myself wishing to resort to latex commands
a lot though ... but still I do like the feel of org for presentations.

Best wishes, Stephen