Re: [Orgmode] Re: timestamp with repeater interval

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: timestamp with repeater interval
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:22:47 +0200

On Oct 25, 2010, at 7:30 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 17:11:34 +0200, Rainer Thiel <address@hidden jena.de> wrote:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#org-diary-class

This would be exactly what I need -- if it really worked. It does not
for me, probably because I haven't really understood how it is
supposed to work.  I should have expected that an entry like this:

* TODO Class 10:00am-12:00am
<%%(org-diary-class 10 18 2010 2 12 2011 3)>

in one of my agenda files would make show up an agenda entry every
Wednesday between Oct 18th, 2010 and Feb 12, 2011 in my agenda.  But
this is not the case, nothing shows up.  What am I doing wrong?

What is wrong (if you can call it that) is that the actual argument
list to the org-diary-class function depends on the settings of a
couple of variables: calendar-date-style and/or
european-calendar-style.

I have been wondering for many years: What was Edward M. Reingold
thinking when he made this horrible decision.  I mean, local
dependencies when parsing plain text dates - I guess there is
no way around it.  But in a function call?  Sequence of arguments?
What?????

Cheers

- Carsten

As I have the former set to 'iso, in my case
I need to specify dates in the Y M D order:

* TODO Class 10:00am-12:00am
<%%(org-diary-class 2010 10 18 2011 2 12 3)>

You may need to do the same.

I've cc-ed the org-mode list for others to be aware of this as well.

Thanks for this clarification Eric. I updated the FAQ accordingly.

Best,
Matt