Re: [Orgmode] proposal for enhanced org-get-priority function

From: I.S.
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] proposal for enhanced org-get-priority function
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:01:58 -0400

On 10/24/2010 3:18 PM, David Maus wrote:
At Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:14:39 -0400,
I.S. wrote:
Dear Experts,

I'd like to propose a replacement for the org-get-priority function
which is backward compatible with the current version but allows the
user to add a sub-priority such as [#A]-5 or [#B]+3:

Could you provide a patch against current master and send it to the
list as a text/plain attachment?  This way the proposed modification
will end up in Org's patchtracker[1].

Best,
   -- David

[1] http://patchwork.newartisans.com/project/org-mode/
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... address@hidden

I tried looing at patchwork but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do. Please advise on usage instructions.

Instead, I attached a manually generated patch against org.el in the development version from git. I created this patch via

$ git clone git://repo.or.cz/org-mode.git
$ emacs org-mode/lisp/org.el # to modify the file and write it to org.mine.el
$ diff -rup org.el org.mine.el > org-get-priority.patch

Please advise on proper procedure as I love org and would enjoy the chance to contribute in the future.

Thanks,
-I.S.