Re: [Orgmode] org-meta-return and lists

From: Anthony Lander
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-meta-return and lists
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 17:50:15 -0400

Hi Tom,

On 10-Nov-3, at 4:07 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Hello,

Tom Short writes:

With the new list handling mechanism in v7.02, org-meta-return acts
differently for me following lists. If I hit M-RET with the cursor
in the (blank) row or two after a list, it adds another list item.
Before, I'd get a new heading (what I want), and I'd only get
another list item if the cursor is still on a line with a list when
I hit M-RET..

Just use C-u M-RET to enforce an heading, wherever point is.

In order to avoid a prefix key, I did the following in my .emacs:

(defun my-org-mode-hook ()
(define-key org-mode-map (kbd "<C-M-return>") (lambda () (interactive) (org-insert-heading 1 nil))))
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'my-org-mode-hook)

I do not know how to get it back to the old behaviour (which I liked as well).

  -Anthony