Re: [Orgmode] RFC: Consistent Latex (& html) publishing environment

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] RFC: Consistent Latex (& html) publishing environment
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 22:10:46 -0600

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:51:49PM -0500, Nick Dokos wrote:
> [This doesn't seem to have made it out to the list for some reason,
>  so trying again.]
>
> Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> > This is great, but pops up an emacs session. If I run emacs in --batch
> > mode, it won't load my init file and so loses some of my export
> > customizations...
> >

> You can load your init file explicitly:
>
>    emacs --batch --load <init-file> ...

Certainly! And yet, should I be depending on my init file while trying
to provide a consistent environment across documents? That's the crux
of the matter.

Put everything into init files and use it for everything when it seems
to need customization, or make a document completely selfcontained and
somehow sync settings across docs?

That's why I was asking how other folks accomplish similar tasks.

Thanks.

Russell Adams                            address@hidden