[Orgmode] Re: Percent Done value not working....

From: C64 Whiz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Percent Done value not working....
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:27:12 -0800

C-c # didn't work.  I'm still getting 66%.  The only way I can get a complete count is to (setq org-hierarchical-todo-
statistics nil) and change the keyword on heading 1.2.1.  However, in my actual file, those lower headings are dates for journal entries.  I don't want to put keywords on those.  i.e.

* Head 1 [66%]
** DONE Head 1.1
** DONE Head 1.2
*** 2010/08/25 11:28:12 (11:28:12 AM)
     Some log entry and notes.  Putting a keyword on this entries heading is a waste, yet Head 1
     doesn't provide the correct DONE total.

Any other ideas?

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
C64 Whiz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following tree with (setq org-hierarchical-todo-statistics nil) in my .emacs:
>
> * Head 1 [66%]
> ** DONE Head 1.1
> ** DONE Head 1.2
> *** TODO Head 1.2.1
>
> Changing the keyword on heading 1.2.1 alters the 66% accordingly.
>
> When I change my .emacs to   (setq org-hierarchical-todo-statistics t), changing the heading 1.2.1 keyword does
> *not* alter the 66%.  However, it STILL says 66%.
>
> If Subtrees are ignored, shouldn't the [%] be 100% ?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,

It probably goes up one level, sees not statistics cookie to update and
quits looking.  You can update the statistics cookie on Head 1 with
C-c #

HTH,
Bernt