Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Need for an extra literal block construct
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 11:14:08 +0100

Hello,

> I meant, for me, there are only 2 useful options regarding a "block
> environment" such as BLOCKQUOTE and VERSE:

> - either, nothing is "interpreted"; that is, line breaks are
> preserved, and lists are preserved as well (outputted as they are
> written in the block)

This is EXAMPLE environment and, in a less drastic way, VERSE
(patched).

> - either, line breaks are not preserved, and lists are nicely
> formatted as lists, with nice bullets in HTML/PDF (customized in CSS
> or class file).

This is QUOTE environment, almost. Lists are correctly exported, but
not recognized in the Org buffer.

> For me, as of now, I do not see a useful use case, where one would
> want to have line breaks preserved (as written in the source block)
> *but* lists interpreted (ie, not as written in the source block).

I agree. So, if the patch for VERSE is good, what's left is to let Org
recognize lists in some predefined environments (namely CENTER and
QUOTE).

Regards,

-- Nicolas