Re: [Orgmode] Org-Babel - Clojure & Lazy Sequences Bug

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-Babel - Clojure & Lazy Sequences Bug
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 20:53:10 +0000

On 26 November 2010 20:29, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alright, I'm going to fold this into the master branch (we'll still have
> the entirety of the existing ob-clojure in git for resurrection if need
> be).

That's great news!

>> I'm not sure what you mean by "external evaluation", but have found
>> that if I do M-x slime-connect (to connect to an existing
>> clojure/swank vm) that I have access to the same vm, via the
>> *slime-repl* buffer, which is nice.  Is this what you were referring
>> to, or was it something else?
>>

> So what I mean was execution outside of slime, e.g. by writing a code
> block to a temporary file and then executing that file with clj-env or
> some such Clojure scripting command.  However the more I think about
> this the more I'm satisfied with slime, as it allows access to both
> local and remote virtual machines...

Yeah, Slime is great in this regard...

>> Having access to other sessions seems like a useful feature, but I've
>> not begun to use these more advanced babel features.
>>
>> Anyway, great work; I really appreciate you working on this!
>
> My pleasure, I use Clojure from within Org-mode files on a regular basis
> (these days I'm probably writing more Clojure than elisp), so this helps
> me too.

Well if it's your pleasure then I have another feature request for you :-)

Basically it looks like the different :results types haven't yet been
implemented...  The one I was missing was 'code'  e.g. the following
works for elisp:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results code
  '(+ 10 1)
#+end_src

displaying:

#+results:
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(+ 10 1)
#+END_SRC

But in clojure I get:

#+begin_src clojure :results code
  '(+ 10 1)
#+end_src

#+results:
| + | 10 | 1 |

I looked at implementing this myself, ontop of your recent changes, by
running it through edebug, which I've only begun to discover, but I
couldn't work it out in the hour I spent looking at it.  Any
suggestions on where I should look to fix this?

R.