Re: [Orgmode] Multi Todo state

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Multi Todo state
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 15:22:53 +0000

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Chao,
>
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 8:54 AM, Chao LU <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Besides, what's the essential difference between TODO and TAG? Since to me,
>> TODO is kind of special TAG?
>>

> The way I understand it, TODO states have a flow/sequence to it.
> Although they need not always be sequential, e.g. a type TODO keyword,
> still they have a flow of NOTDONE --> DONE associated with them.
> Whereas, a tag is probably more of a concept related to filing or
> categorising and don't as such represent a work flow of any kind.

and, for the OP, don't forget that there are two other pieces of
information associated with any item: a CATEGORY and the file name.
This gives a total of 4 data that can be used to /label/ items of
interest, not counting the headline itself, of course.

Agenda views will easily display 3 of the 4 data (default is category,
todo state and tags, IRC).

I use categories for projects, tags for individuals and TODO states for
state information.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.221.gb3e16)