[Orgmode] Re: Example for beamer export with blocks and twocolumn

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Example for beamer export with blocks and twocolumn
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:59:55 +0100

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Loris Bennett <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Thanks for the reply. However, I my problem is not with the main
>> presentation part of the org file.
>>
>> What I would really like to see is
>>
>> 1. the preamble to the presentation where the MACROs LaTeX_CLASS options
>> etc. are given
>
> Loris,
>
> did you have a look at the tutorial on Worg:
>
> : http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.php
>
> it includes a link to an example presentation,
>
> : http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/org-tutorials/org-beamer/presentation.org
>
> one that works /out of the box/ with org, or should...  and the example
> includes a slide that is basically what you are trying to do.
>
> HTH,
> eric

Hi Eric,

The examples do indeed work out of the box. My problem was that I was am
using Emacs 23.1.1, which comes with orgmode 6.21b. I then set up
org-export-latex-classes by hand for 'beamer' and got things sort of
working apart from blocks and two-column. I subsequently installed
orgmode 7.3, but still retained my customisations, and was thus still
unable to get blocks and two-column. Removing the customisation fixed
things.

Perhaps a remark about how to set org-export-latex-classes could be
added to the documentation in the wiki, particularly since the current
Debian stable comes with emacs 22.2, which presumably contains a yet older
version of orgmode.

Cheers

Loris

--