Re: [Orgmode] A python module for orgmode files

From: Jeff Horn
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A python module for orgmode files
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:23:40 -0500

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Jonathan BISSON
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 01:03 AM, Chris Malone wrote:
>> I guess the real question is: did you write the org-mode-parsing Python
>> code using org-mode? ;-)
> No but I was thinking that would be nice to fold classes and get TODO items
> (and even scheduled ones)
> Maybe using # as a "star". I don't know if it it possible to couple
> python-mode to org-mode

I think what Chris was referring to is the fact that you can write
literate programs using org-mode and org-babel. You can mix
documentation and code, and then run some nifty functions that
separate them out. The advantage, of course, is that your source is

I suppose most people comment their code when they open-source a
project, but I also suspect their are some real advantages to
organizing your source code using org-mode's hierachies.

Jeffrey Horn
Graduate Lecturer and PhD Student in Economics
George Mason University

(704) 271-4797