[Orgmode] How to export the ampersand (&) symbol correctly for both LaTe

From: Kyeong Soo (Joseph) Kim
Subject: [Orgmode] How to export the ampersand (&) symbol correctly for both LaTeX and HTML documents?
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 16:02:44 +0000

Dear All,

This may be a FAQ, but I couldn't find it mentioned either in the Manual or in the mailing list.

To use the ampersand symbol ('&') in HTML export, I use "\amp" per the manual and the "Publishing Org-mode files to HTML" tutorial at Worg site. Later, however, I found that the "\amp" is exported to "$\amp$" in LaTeX, which causes a compile error (i.e., "undefined control sequence"); it should be "\&" in a normal TeX/LaTeX document.

I'm currently using 6.33x version of Org-mode with GNU Emacs 23.2.1 on Windows 7.

Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
K. S. (Joseph)