[Orgmode] empty lines in datetree capture templates

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: [Orgmode] empty lines in datetree capture templates
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 00:50:00 -0800

Hi everyone,

I am having some problems with a capture template for datetrees.

(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("m" "Select meeting templates")
        ("ms" "Schedule a meeting" entry (file+headline "~/org/meetings.org"
"Meetings")
         "** %? %^t%^{CATEGORY}p\n"
         :empty-lines 1)
        ("mm" "Meeting minutes w/ clock" entry (file+datetree
"~/org/meetings.org")
         "**** %^{prompt} %U%^{CATEGORY}p\n\n     %?"
         :prepend t :clock-in :empty-lines 1 :immediate-finish)
        ))

I prefer to have empty lines between two headlines and headlines and
text. When I use the above "Meeting minutes w/ clock" template, the new
entry to the date tree is inserted as below despite the ":empty-lines 1"
argument. If I try to end the older entry with a blank line, the empty
like is removed and the new entry is placed like this again.

Any one knows what I am doing wrong? Thank you in advance,

e.g. entry from above template

* 2010
** 2010-12 December
*** 2010-12-16 Thursday

**** Some meeting [2010-12-16 Thu]                                :tag1:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :CATEGORY: bla
     :END:

     1. some notes
     2. and pointers
<-- I am expecting an empty line here -->
*** 2010-12-28 Tuesday
<-- and preferably here too -->
**** Some new meeting [2010-12-28 Tue 00:34]
     :LOGBOOK:
     CLOCK: [2010-12-28 Tue 00:34]--[2010-12-28 Tue 00:35] =>  0:01
     :END:
     :PROPERTIES:
     :CATEGORY: test
     :END: