Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Abstract block prematurely ended by asterisk

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [Bug] Abstract block prematurely ended by asterisk
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 13:19:29 +0100

On 1/9/11 12:08 PM, David Maus wrote:
At Thu, 16 Dec 2010 02:51:32 -0500,
Jeff Horn wrote:

Title says it all. The following code does not export correctly.
(Reproduced from memory can anyone else confirm?)

*Bold Text.* This is a sentence.

The LaTeX code produced is (in full)

#+BEGIN_SRC latex

I cannot confirm this. I get the expected output:

\textbf{Bold Text.} This is a sentence.

Note the lack of a closing environment and the truncated content. I
remember pdflatex complaining that "ABSTRACT" is an invalid
environment, but don't recall whether that was related to the asterisk

Try it lower case:

Org isn't sensitive about case in special block types, but LaTeX is.

Using org-mode 7.4 in emacs 23.2.

Where is the ABSTRACT block defined?  No such block seems to be known
by Org 7.4 running with emacs -Q.

Arbitrary block types are provided by org-special-blocks, a contrib (slated for inclusion into the next core Org, if I remember Bastien's announcement correctly).