Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:02:02 -0500

Jason Dunsmore <address@hidden> writes:

> I made a version of the FAQ without the javascript folding:
>
> http://orgmode.org/tmp/worg/org-faq-nojs.html
> http://orgmode.org/tmp/worg/org-faq.html
>
> It like it better, but it's still a bit unwieldy.  Maybe the FAQ just
> needs to be reorganized.  See how Wikipedia does it:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FAQ
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FAQ_Index
>
> Matt or Bastien, do you have an opinion on reorganizing the FAQ?

I reorganized the FAQ into categories a year or so ago; it's remarkable
to consider how much the document has grown (thanks to the community!)
since then.

I believe it is helpful to have the entire FAQ on one page, though I'd
agree could use some "pruning". My plan is to move some the longer
entries to documentation pages of their own, leaving behind a brief
answer along with a link to more detailed documentation.

I'd like to get rid of the javascript folding on the FAQ. I've found
that on slower computers it can take a few seconds for the entire page
to fold, while artifacts of entries flash briefly on the screen.

On this one page, I think we need a simple (non-js) table-of-contents.
Is there a way to override the hidden toc for this page only?

I'll also see if I can work up a local export hook to add a "Back to
top" link for each entry.

Thanks.
Matt