[Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:51:14 -0500

Dan Davison <address@hidden> writes:

> Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:
>>> So, how many of you here also use Vim? :)
>> For quick editing (e.g., config files), I use vi(m). For anything else,
>> I use emacs. Both are fantastic tools.
> Doesn't emacsclient make emacs just as quick for editing of random files
> encountered at the command line? If emacsclient is aliased to, say, 'e',
> and if the WM automatically shifts focus to the running emacs, then that
> should be pretty quick.

Absolutely! I do something similar:

alias emacs="emacsclient -t -a /usr/bin/emacs"

I imagine my preference for vim for quick editing is entirely
idiosyncratic. Somehow it feels closer to the command line---easier to
get in and out when I simply have to change one or two things in a file.
That, and habit, and the ease of using it with sudo.

(As an aside, finger memory is truly remarkable. I imagine others have
the same experience, but somehow the hands magically sort out the keys
for each editor without my having to think about it.)