[Orgmode] Re: [BEAMER] make text fit in a slide

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [BEAMER] make text fit in a slide
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 18:17:52 +0100

Chris Malone <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Here I can help some :).
>
> What I have done in the past is take advantage of the fact that org-mode
> will close a beamer =columns= environment if the column width is set to 0
> (or 1):

> ** What is a Type I X-ray
> Burst?
>
> *** ignore
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.33
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>   :BEAMER_envargs:
> C[t]
>
> :END:
> - Low Mass X-ray
> Binaries
> *** ignore
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.3
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>
> :END:
> - Accretion of H and/or
> He
> *** ignore
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.4
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>
> :END:
> - Ignition at base of accreted
> layer
> *** close columns
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>  :BEAMER_col:
> 0
>  :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>
> :END:
> *** data
> :B_ignoreheading:BMCOL:
>

> :PROPERTIES:
>

>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>

>   :BEAMER_envargs:
> C[T]
>

>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.4
>

> :END:
>

> whatever else I want
>
> This creates a "row" on the top of the frame that has 3 columns of widths
> 0.33, 0.3, and 0.4.  Then to close that "row" I made the =close columns=
> header with a column width of 0.  The next header, =data= starts another
> "row" and its column width is set to 0.4 giving room for another column to
> its right if I so choose.

Great thanks a lot.
Too bad that things really start to become complicated with the
syntax...

Another last thing, if I want a block (for example an "alertblock") is
there a way to not having the heading line?

I mean
** Thanks                :B_block:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :BEAMER_env: alertblock
   :END:

   *Thanks you all*

I would like not to see the initial Thanks...
For latex is perfectly fine but how do I say that to org-beamer?