Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BEAMER] make text fit in a slide

From: Chris Malone
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [BEAMER] make text fit in a slide
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:35:24 -0500

Hi Andrea,

In the example I showed, I set the block to an =ignoreheading= block by using =C-c C-b i=.  This, as best I can tell, generates a block but comments out the part which gives the block its title.  Doing this overrides the "alertblock" heading, so I'm not entirely sure how to combine the two to do what you are asking.

Chris

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:17 PM, Andrea Crotti <address@hidden> wrote:
Chris Malone <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andrea,
>
> Here I can help some :).
>
> What I have done in the past is take advantage of the fact that org-mode
> will close a beamer =columns= environment if the column width is set to 0
> (or 1):

> ** What is a Type I X-ray
> Burst?
>
> *** ignore
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.33
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>   :BEAMER_envargs:
> C[t]
>
> :END:
> - Low Mass X-ray
> Binaries
> *** ignore
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.3
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>
> :END:
> - Accretion of H and/or
> He
> *** ignore
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.4
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>
> :END:
> - Ignition at base of accreted
> layer
> *** close columns
> :BMCOL:B_ignoreheading:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>  :BEAMER_col:
> 0
>  :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>
> :END:
> *** data
> :B_ignoreheading:BMCOL:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
>   :BEAMER_env:
> ignoreheading
>   :BEAMER_envargs:
> C[T]
>   :BEAMER_col:
> 0.4
>
> :END:
> whatever else I want
>
> This creates a "row" on the top of the frame that has 3 columns of widths
> 0.33, 0.3, and 0.4.  Then to close that "row" I made the =close columns=
> header with a column width of 0.  The next header, =data= "" another
> "row" and its column width is set to 0.4 giving room for another column to
> its right if I so choose.

Great thanks a lot.
Too bad that things really start to become complicated with the
syntax...

Another last thing, if I want a block (for example an "alertblock") is
there a way to not having the heading line?

I mean
** Thanks                :B_block:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_env: alertblock
  :END:

  *Thanks you all*

I would like not to see the initial Thanks...
For latex is perfectly fine but how do I say that to org-beamer?