[Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Changes to lists

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Changes to lists
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 19:59:05 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

[...]

I've found some time today to install the new-struct branch at my work
machine.  Things look good so far and the checkboxes have started to
work again. :-)

I've briefly switched on alphabetical lists and that has worked quite
well on the lists I tried it on.  None of them were overly long, though.

There's another regression with regards to checkboxes vs. the "old"
7.01h that I've noticed.  If sublists are put into drawers, then
checkboxes depending on that sublist are not updated with your new
version and progress boxes on that sublist will always be at [0%] and
[0/0].  The hierarchy inside the drawer is correctly updated as well as
anything around the drawer.  Try the folloing testcase:

#+DRAWERS: CLOSED

* [1/3] List Checkbox Test

  - [-][%] First [/] <-- this will be updated
    + [ ] Sub1
    + [ ] Sub2
    + [X] Sub3
  - [-] Second
    :CLOSED:
    + [-] [%] Sub1 [/] <-- this will not be updated
      * [ ] Subsub1
      * [ ] Subsub2
      * [X] Subsub3
    + [X] Sub2
    + [X] Sub3
    :END:
  - [X] Third
    + [X] Sub1
    + [X] Sub2
    + [X] Sub3

In this case "Second" will not be recognized to have a sublist with the
new version, while it was at 7.01h.  It is debatable what the "correct"
behaviour is, but if in doubt I'd opt for keeping it backwards
compatible.  Another slight oddity is present in the HTML export of this
list:

<ul>
<li>
[-] First
<ul>
<li>
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
<b>[X]</b> Sub3
</li>
</ul>
</li>
<li>
<b>[X]</b> Second
</li>
<li>
[-] Third
<ul>
<li>
<b>[X]</b> Sub1
</li>
<li>
</li>
<li>
<b>[X]</b> Sub3
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

The unfinished checkboxes and progress cookies are not boldened as they
are in Orgmode itself and putting a hidden "X" inside the not begun
checkboxes is somewhat tenous as the "hidden" attribute might not be
honored (as happens for example if you display with "no style").
Putting a non-breaking space there might be a better idea.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: