[Orgmode] Re: S5 export

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: S5 export
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 19:48:47 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> I would welcome an approach where we factor out some elements of
> org-export-as-html, so that exporting to s5 would just require the
> user to customize those elements.

Sorry for piggy-backing onto this topic, but I seem to remember the
mention of a "generic exporter" on this list, but I don't remember what
the outcome of that discussion was.  While looking at the table export I
realized that there is lots of duplicated code just for exporting the
tables, which seems wasteful (and error-prone in the longer term). Would
it seem reasonable to have a "generic export" function that parses the
org document into a structure of callbacks and lists and then only
define the callbacks for each backend?

Regards,
Achim.