[Orgmode] Re: Generic LaTeX class support (scrlttr2/isodoc)

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Generic LaTeX class support (scrlttr2/isodoc)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 18:59:56 -0500

address@hidden (Allen S. Rout) writes:

> I'm trying to use your lisp to generate isodoc letters.  I'm wondering
> what tex processing commands you are using?

I'm closing in on the discrepancy. The exported TeX which Jambunathan
sent was 'similar' to what I'm getting, but there were a few important
differences.

Most importantly, I'm getting an additional newline between key and
value:

---
opening =

    My dear john
,
---
instead of
---
opening =
    My dear john
,
---

This appears to fotch up the LaTex, and put those strings in a spot out
of the document entirely.

If I remove line 1137

        (insert "\n")

from org-latex.el, this change in spacing goes away, but of course I
have no idea why it was put there.  Oddly, git-blame suggests that line
went in  in 2009, well before Jambunathan posted his isodoc files.

Does anyone who's been tinkering with the latex export code want to
expound on why that newline's in there?  Is it silly to just suggest
"Can we take it out?"

- Allen S. Rout